Today Anderson and I went to Pump It Up Jr. which is one of those places with all the inflatable climbing and play structures. They had a special 2 hour window where it was only open to toddlers, so we went with a friend. Anderson was a champ! Once he got over the loud music and crowded conditions, he went right to work climbing, sliding, bouncing, falling, and having a blast. He loved the giant slide the best even though he got plowed over by a few bigger kids a couple of times because he was too slow in getting out of the way. There were only two incidents of tears due to being trampled by bigger kids, so I figured that was actually pretty good given the circumstances. After the fun, we went to McDonald's for Happy Meals and of course, that was fun too. Anderson particularly liked the purple unicorn that he got for his toy in the Happy Meal. Daddy will probably be promptly throwing that away, but he enjoyed it for a little while! Here are a few pics from our fun day.
One more story to end this fun. Yesterday I had a friend that I used to teach with over in the afternoon. She has a 4 month old little girl. Anderson took right to her and even went right over to her and gave her a kiss (at least his version of a kiss). He was very proudly showing all of his toys to her while they were over. The cutest part, though, came when they left. After saying goodbye, Anderson and I went up to his playroom. There are two of my old Cabbage Patch dolls there for him to play with, but he hasn't ever really paid much attention to them. Well, after having the baby visit us he went right over and picked up those baby dolls and hugged them, rocked them, and gave them kisses. It was so precious!
Oh, I have to add that during his bath tonight Anderson attempted for the first time to say 'turtle'. Only in his language it came out as "tur tur". I'm loving all the new words we hear everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment