They had a great time. Anderson was the only kiddo who not only slept both nights at the campsite in his tent, but also took his nap there! There's no doubt where those sleeping abilities come from (Daddy can fall asleep anywhere in ~1 minute).
There was lots of fishing! Reese and Anderson go fairly often to local ponds, so they were the pros. By the end of the trip Reese had helped every kid make a catch and I'm sure set a love of fishing into their hearts, which was his ultimate goal I'm sure. Anderson's so lucky to have an outdoorsy dad!
This weekend gave me my first glimpse of what weekends will be like when the boys are older. All of my guys head out on Friday and come home exhausted on Sunday with loads of excitement. My future reward (other than their happiness)? Weekends to myself. :)
Here are some pics from the fun. (I will post some adorable pics of my sweet Everett that I took during our quiet weekend soon!)
Anderson LOVED the tent and using his Lightning McQueen sleeping bag.
Peek-a-boo!
The BIG catch of the weekend
Little Buddy napping
Daddy's ingenious set-up for a somewhat-cool napping area. See Anderson sleeping there?
Anderson and his fishing buddy Asa
A few of the boys having dinner by the campfire pop-up table.
Bass Master Reese
The only thing that didn't happen since no Mommies were there? A group photo! :) Maybe in the fall when they've already decided to go again!





No comments:
Post a Comment