Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Teamwork & Yogurt Melts
The teamwork between these two little guys at a mere 1.5 & 3.5 years old is a little astounding, if not frightening to say the least. Today while I was cooking dinner with them under foot in the kitchen, Everett pulled out a bag of yogurt melts from the pantry. Basically, they are freeze-dried drops of yogurt. Fantastic for lunchboxes and snacks, but not as pre-dinner munchies. So, I told him that I would not open them. He worked at it for a bit, trying his hardest to pull apart the sealed top (a ziplock-type press-seal). Along comes Anderson who offers his help. Everett, who usually screams like a banshee the moment Anderson nears him to take something from his possession, was eager for some help. Anderson worked at it without success. Again, I reminded both boys that they were not going to get any yogurt melts now, but if they ate a good dinner they could have some afterwards. I then stood back to watch. It was a few moments later that I heard Anderson tell Everett under his breathe that "we'll just have a couple." Then, Einstein Everett got the idea to head to the pantry to retrieve tools for the job. What did he return with? A plastic knife. Anderson applauded his effort and set to work now using the plastic knife as a prying tool. Everett, sensing Big Brother's approval, headed off to the pantry to get reinforcements: another plastic knife. Two of them have to be better than one! It was around that time that their hard work and colluding paid off. The plastic knife did its job, sliding effortlessly in between the seal. The looks of joy and accomplishment the boys exchanged with each other were priceless. Then, they both looked at me. I had to smile. I let them each have two as I again quoted the same scenario for earning more. For what it's worth... neither of them ate a great dinner and neither of them remembered at all about the yogurt melts. I think Reese and I are definitely in for it in the future if these two can abstain from pestering each other long enough to work together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment