Thursday, April 19, 2012

T-Ball Fun

Yeah!  It's finally here.  I have a little boy who plays baseball.  It's one of "those" things that I've always wanted.  Maybe it's because I grew up spending lots of time watching my older brother play little league.  Whatever the reason, I'm giddy over the cuteness and fun that is t-ball.

Anderson is playing through Prestonwood Sports Organization for the Reds.  Like soccer, no formal score is kept and everyone is made sure to get their turn.  Anderson has two of his best little buddies on the team, which does cause some distractions during practices, but fun nonetheless.

Game 1 was awesome.  Anderson has a fairly natural swing that he doesn't have to try to hard at, so he much prefers batting.  He hit all three times he was at bat, only 'striking' once.  Fielding is a very new concept.  It's difficult for a bunch of 4 year olds to stay in one spot, so they pretty much all just kind-of wandered around out there chasing the ball and then throwing it to first over and over.

Here are the highlight pictures and video:

The uniform being big on Anderson is an understatement.

First at-bat!

Making his way around the bases

This is basically what it looked like most of the time when they weren't batting.

There was also a lot of random walking off the field to have Daddy put the glove back on.

By far the best picture ever.  :)  Look at that little superstar.

I actually missed getting his first hit on video because he literally walked up and hit it so fast that I didn't get my camera going in time!  :(

Second Hit
(The funniest part of this video is the kid who is on Anderson's team that runs from first to home plate, literally passing him going the wrong way.  hee hee!)

Third Hit

First Score

No comments:

Post a Comment